Saturday, September 27, 2014

Go Anderson Go

It's been so long since we have updated this blog and there have been so many moments that I've wanted to capture, here, that I want to always remember and know that I will forget.  Well, I am determined to capture this day.  A major milestone was achieved.  Anderson rode a two-wheeler all by himself!   The accompanying videos capture the moment far better than my words will, but I was overwhelmed with pride when he came gliding down the path - Jonathan following behind him.  And when he got off with his big smile and proudly exclaimed, "I did it! I did it!" there were tears in my eyes.  I'm sure that those of you with children in your lives can relate to how momentous this event was, but I have to say I was a caught a little off guard.  I didn't even bring my "good" camera to capture it...thank goodness Jonathan had his phone. 





 I'm now a believer in the balance bike that enabled Anderson to ride with confidence after about ten minutes on his two wheeler at age four (I think I was about 8 riding a bike bought at my Uncle Bernie's bike shop and sailing into the holly bushes bordering the driveway because i couldn't stop).  And I'm incredibly proud of our big boy who kept at it, learned how to fall and get right back up.  But there is another image from the day, one that we did not capture on film, that I hope will always accompany this day in my memory.  It is of Anderson pedaling down the path with Nathan running alongside him cheering, "Go Anderson go!  Go Anderson go!"  I get choked up just thinking about it.  Our boys are "all boy" as they say.  They tackle each other, sit on each other, and pester the snot out of each other, but they also love each other deeply.  Nathan was as proud of his brother's accomplishment as Anderson was of himself and isn't that what it's all about?





No comments:

Post a Comment